University of Idaho is one of the receipient of Biodiesel Education Program grant and is dedicated to bring unbiased technical and policy information about biodiesel. Our specific goals are:
- Expand web presence and serve as one stop source for unbiased biodiesel information.
- Develop content, produce, and make available biodiesel education, awareness, and training videos.
- Promote biodiesel by participating, delivering presentations, and displaying at fairs, conferences, meetings and similar events.
- Provide educational biodiesel laboratory tours to students, those interested in biodiesel and the general public.
- Develop biodiesel information; including Technotes, brochures, and articles on biodiesel production, utilization, benefits and new
- developments; and make the information available to the public.
- Promote educational biodiesel curriculum materials developed previously for high school chemistry classes and 4-H.
- Meet with NBB and other biodiesel education programs to strengthen and expand the network for biodiesel information sharing.
- Communicate with biodiesel producers, distributors, and consumers to gather information to identify possible knowledge gaps.
- Assess the demand and, if needed, offer workshops for interested parties.